What is PU wheels?
Polyurethane wheels are a unique product that offers the elasticity of rubber wheels combined with the toughness and durability of metal wheels. This makes polyurethane the perfect tread for transportation wheels, traction wheels.
We are the most professional manufacturer of PU wheels fromChina, and is the leader of polyurethane wheels inChina.
Why do you choose polyurethane wheels?
Polyurethane wheels are chosen by people as a replacement for rubber, plastic and metal wheels because advantage of PU wheels as followings:
1) Abrasion resistant: wheels made form polyurethane will often outwear other wheels when severe abrasion is a factor. It has been proven to be vastly superior to rubber wheels, plastics wheels and metal wheel in many transportation applications.
2) Oil and solvent resistant: Polyurethane wheels have excellent resistance to oils, solvents, fats, greases and gasoline.
3) Load bearing capacity: Polyurethane wheels have a higher load-bearing capacity than any conventional rubber. Because of this characteristic, it is an ideal material for load wheels, heavy duty couplings, metal-forming pads, shock pads, expansion joints and machine mounts.
4) Tear resistant: Tear-strength ranges between 20-50 kg./linear cm, which is far superior to rubber wheels. As a result, urethane wheels are often used as traction wheels for forklift trucks, drive belts, drive wheels for drums, roll cover traction and in automated sorting systems.
5) Weather resistant: PU wheels have outstanding resistance to oxygen, ozone, sunlight and general weather conditions.
6) Excellent noise abatement properties: The hard urethanes are being used in environments where engineers desire sound reduction. The soft urethane wheels are used to replace wheels with a hard surface like metal, cast iron or Polyamide for improved sound/vibration dampening.
7) Flex-Life: Most polyurethane wheels offer extremely high flex-life and can be expected to outlast other elastomer materials where this feature is an important requirement. Dust boots, bellows, diaphragms, belts, couplings and similar products are made from urethane for this reason.
8) Electrical properties: Polyurethane wheels have excellent electrical insulating properties, please visit our antistatic and electical conductive wheels page for more information about wheels with electrical insulating properties.
9) Heat and cold resistant: Polyurethane wheels can be used to 100°C. At low temperatures, polyurethane wheels can be used to -20°F.
Urethanes wheels have better abrasion and tear resistance than rubber wheels, while offering higher load bearing capacity.
Compared to plastic wheels, urethane wheels offer superior impact resistance, while offering excellent wear properties and elastic memory.
Urethane is available in a broad Shore hardness range, depending of surface, load capacity and preferd rolling conditions the Shore hardness be chosen to fit the application
Urethane wheels have replaced metal wheels and cast iron wheels, with benefits such as weight reduction, noise abatement and wear improvements being realized.
Raw materials of PU wheel include component A ,component B and accessory materials. I confirm that characteristic of polyurethane wheel depend on mainly accessory materials. Special PU foam tires must use special formula. We have developed five series of special use for PU wheel.
1)Wear proof type
Life of the PU wheel is very long, which is over one time longer than common one.
2)Loading heavy weight type
The polyurethane wheels can load more quantity than normal wheels, so consumer can save some work time. Consumer only uses the wheel under some special condition.
Consumer can use the PU wheel under cold weather.
Raw materials of the polyurethane tire don’t contain any harmful component to keep air clean.
The polyurethane wheel can reduce fatigue when consumer uses it.
Of course, these special PU foam wheel price is higher than common PU wheel price, but their value is very high. If you look for high value, I advise you use good PU wheels. If you like cheap PU foam wheel, you may choose common PU wheel.
PU wheel price fromChinais lower than developed countries, but our features is better than their polyurethane wheel. Why is this case? Cost of production inChinais lower than developed countries.
Do you know the standard of good PU wheel?
One of my customers said that rough surface is good. What do you think of the point? I think that most consumers don’t understand what is good for polyurethane wheel. As an expert of PU wheel, I would like to share some ideas.
Good PU foam wheel must bear features as followings:
1) smooth surface without small holes.
2) It can recover original shape under loading heavy weight.
3) Don’t crack under cold weather.
4) Long life under normal condition
If someone add some cheap materials to raw materials of PU wheel, they have no above characteristics. Do you dare to buy cheap PU foam wheel?